Lighthouse Afterschool, Dublin 8
A Warm Welcome
Having walked home from school with one of our teachers the children spend a few minutes catching up and talking about their day to each other and to their teacher.
Homework is fully supervised by one of our qualified Montessori teachers. The children are helped if necessary and encouraged with their writing, reading and number homework. The room is a peaceful environment so the children have no problem concentrating. Our teachers have a very good knowledge of what is expected and we pride ourselves on our high standards of homework.
Following homework the children choose from a range of activities or they may prefer to relax in our comfy chill out area with a book or toy.
We have a very creative programme at Lighthouse Afterschool with regular arts and crafts activities, P.E., drama, dramatic play and performance, free play, dress up, chess, story writing, outdoor playtime and lots more.
A nutritious hot dinner is provided daily by our food provider Moons and Spoons.
Our afterschool programme runs year round during mid terms and the summer months.
What sets us apart?
- Small numbers
- Our after school teacher is a qualified
and experienced Montessori teacher
- Homely atmosphere
- A stimulating, creative environment
Schools in our catchment area:
- Louis National School, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Griffith Barracks Educate Together, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- Catherine’s National School, Donore Avenue, Dublin 8
- Synge Street CBS, Dublin 8
- Loreto on the Green, Stephens Green, Dublin 8
- Presentation Primary School, Warrenmount Dublin 8
- Patrick’s Cathedral Grammar School
“We were delighted with the standard of care and constant creativity that surrounded our daughters. Lighthouse After school has been an amazing support system and extension of our family.”